IBM SPSS Statistics
IBM SPSS Statistics is an integrated family of products that addresses the entire analytical process, from planning to data collection to analysis, reporting and deployment. With more than a dozen fully integrated modules to choose from, you can find the specialized capabilities you need to increase revenue, outperform competitors, conduct research and make better decisions.
- IBM SPSS Statistics Standard
Fundamental analytical capabilities for a wide variety of business and research questions.
- IBM SPSS Statistics Professional
Additional capabilities to address issues of data quality, data complexity, automation and forecasting.
- IBM SPSS Statistics Premium
A full range of analytical techniques plus structural equation modeling (SEM).In-depth sampling assessment and testing, and procedures for direct marketing.
IBM SPSS Statistics Modules
IBM SPSS Statistics Base *
Forms the foundation for many types of statistical analyses, allowing a quick look at data and its easy preparation for analysis. Easily build charts with sophisticated reporting capabilities, formulate hypotheses for additional testing, clarify relationships between variables, create clusters, identify trends and make predictions.
IBM SPSS Advanced Statistics *
Makes analysis and conclusions more accurate when working with complex relationships in data, it offers powerful and sophisticated univariate and multivariate analysis techniques.
IBM SPSS Bootstrapping
Makes testing the stability and reliability of your models easy.
IBM SPSS Categories
Provides tools to obtain clear insight into complex categorical, numerical and high-dimensional data. Understand which characteristics consumers relate most closely to your brand, or determine customer perception of your products compared to others.
IBM SPSS Complex Samples
Incorporates complex sample designs into data analysis, with specialized planning tools and statistics, reducing the risk of reaching incorrect or misleading inferences for stratified, clustered or multistage sampling. This module is indispensable for survey and market researchers, public opinion researchers or social scientists seeking to reach more accurate conclusions when working with sample survey methodology.
IBM SPSS Conjoint
Helps market researchers develop successful products, giving a realistic way to measure how individual attributes affect people’s preferences. When used with competitive product market research for your new products, you are less likely to overlook product dimensions that are important to your customers or constituents, and more likely to successfully meet their needs.
IBM SPSS Custom Tables *
Combines comprehensive analytical capabilities with interactive table-building features to help you easily understand your data and quickly summarize your results in appropriate styles for different audiences. Use IBM SPSS Custom Tables to present survey, customer satisfaction, polling and compliance reporting results. Watch demo.
IBM SPSS Data Preparation
Gives analysts advanced techniques to streamline the data preparation stage of the analytical process, prior to analysis. While basic data preparation tools are included in IBM SPSS Statistics Base, IBM SPSS Data Preparation provides specialized techniques to prepare your data for more accurate analyzes and results.
IBM SPSS Decision Trees
Helps you better identify groups, discover relationships between them and predict future events through the exploration of results and visual determination of how your model flows. Create visual classification and decision trees directly within the Statistics suite of products and present results in an intuitive manner. Watch demo.
IBM SPSS Direct Marketing
Helps marketers perform various kinds of analyses easily, without requiring a detailed understanding of statistics. Understand your customers in greater depth, improve your marketing campaigns and maximize the ROI of your marketing budget.
IBM SPSS Exact Tests
Enables you to use small samples and still feel confident about the results. With the money saved using smaller sample sizes, you can conduct surveys or test direct marketing programs more often. More than 30 exact tests, which cover the entire spectrum of nonparametric and categorical data problems for small or large datasets, are included.
IBM SPSS Forecasting
Enables analysts to predict trends and develop forecasts quickly and easily—without being an expert statistician. IBM SPSS Forecasting has the advanced statistical techniques needed to work with time-series data regardless of your level of expertise.
IBM SPSS Missing Values
Finds relationships between any missing values in your data and other variables. Missing data can seriously affect your models—and your results. Used by survey researchers, social scientists, data miners and market researchers to validate data.
IBM SPSS Neural Networks
Offers non-linear data modeling procedures that enable you to discover more complex relationships in your data. Choose from algorithms that can be used for classification (categorical outcomes) and prediction (numerical outcomes) to develop more accurate and effective predictive models that provide deeper insight and better decision-making.
IBM SPSS Regression *
Enables you to predict categorical outcomes and apply a wide range of nonlinear regression procedures. Effective where ordinary regression techniques are limiting or inappropriate: For example, studying consumer buying habits or responses to treatments, measuring academic achievement, and analyzing credit risks.
* These modules are included in IBM SPSS Standard
IBM SPSS Statistics Features
SPSS Statistics is loaded with powerful analytic techniques and time-saving features to help you quickly and easily find new insights in your data, so you can make more accurate predictions and achieve better outcomes for your organization.
Here’s a look at the features and techniques you’ll find in the latest release. They’re designed to help you make data-driven decisions anytime, anywhere; build more accurate models for greater predictive insight, get analytical results faster and work more productively.
View interactive output on smart devices
Take your SPSS Statistics charts and tables wherever you go and make decisions anytime, anywhere. Now view output on the following platforms and devices without a dedicated SmartReader or other application:
- Windows, Mac and Linux desktop environments
- iPod, iPhone and iPad
- Android phones and tablets (versions 2.1 and above)
- Windows 8 devices
You can also export your SPSS Statistics output as .mht (Cognos Active Report) files, which can be opened using the IBM Cognos Mobile app (available on iPad only).
Generate presentation-ready output quickly and easily
Making your SPSS Statistics output ready for presentation is easier than ever.
- Select and modify objects within a table.
- Apply colors to columns or rows (including gradation across rows/columns) to emphasize key findings.
- Change the color, font, size, background color and other table text attributes.
- Use conditional styling to highlight selected cell(s) based on the value or significance values of tests.
- Index, hide, show or delete table objects.
- Apply a Table Look to a table.
Improve model building using Monte Carlo simulation
Monte Carlo simulation is enhanced to help you build more accurate predictive models when inputs are uncertain, including:
- Simulating strings – SPSS Statistics supports fitting a categorical distribution to a string field in the active dataset, enabling non-numeric variables to be used in simulations.
- Support for Automatic Linear Modeling (ALM) – Export a model from ALM and use it as the starting point for a simulation.
- Heat maps – Generate heat maps automatically when displaying scatterplots in which the target or the input, or both, are categorical.
- Association between categorical inputs– Automatically determine and use associations between categorical inputs when generating data for those inputs. Compute a multiway contingency table for all inputs that are fit to a categorical distribution and use that table when generating data for those inputs.
- Generating data in the absence of a predictive model – Specify which variables you want to simulate and either fit them to the active dataset or manually specify their distributions.
Get better performance and scalability using SPSS Statistics Server
SPSS Statistics Server includes SQL pushback to help you make the best use of your existing IT infrastructure. Now you can perform data transformations without moving data into and out of the proprietary format, helping you conserve resources, deliver results faster and reduce overall IT costs. Other SPSS Statistics Server updates include:
- Greater resilience of SPSS Statistics Server in the event of network failures
- Asynchronous reading of data to get data to the procedures faster
- Improvements to importing/exporting from/to database
- ODBC pooling for more reliable database connections
Simplify custom programming
We’ve added features to make programming in SPSS Statistics easier than ever:
- Install the Python plug-in as part of the main installation.
- Search for, download and install available extensions from within SPSS Statistics. You can also search for updates to installed extensions, and download and install the updated versions.
- Read and write case data faster from and to the active dataset.
Do more work in less time
SPSS Statistics 22 includes productivity enhancements to help you work faster and more efficiently:
- Use a simplified method to specify user-defined estimands in IBM SPSS Amos.
- Benefit from improved logging support for Enterprise Standard in the Platform Standards.
- Enable other applications to read/write encrypted SPSS Statistics data files with i/o dll.
- Generate pivot table output for non-parametric procedures.