Education today involves many challenges, from preparing students to join the workforce and meeting stringent legislative and accreditation requirements, to compete to retain your students and deliver a personalised student experience. Lecturers, post-grad researchers and administrative staff turn to Presidion for the solutions and services they need to achieve success.
Presidion are the sole supplier of the SPSS Academic Licence in the UK and Ireland, providing IBM SPSS to over 250 universities and colleges to increase the ability of students and academics to both learn and teach statistics using IBM SPSS.
We also provide solutions to improve your student retention rates, deliver the best student experience and create a smarter student recruitment strategy.
Student Recruitment, Retention and Experience
In the context of increasing global competition, the requirement for a more personalised experience and a shrinking public budget, the ability to attract and retain the right profiles of students has become paramount for academic institutions across the globe. 1 in 6 first year students quit university in the Republic of Ireland.
The increasing volume and diversity of data surrounding the student journey (in and out of college/before, during and after education intervention) enables predictive analytics to deliver significant benefits.
On average academics are each losing millions in income a year due to student dropout. Predictive Analytics can help and in some cases has increased retention rates by 80%.
Presidion have developed solutions that will:
- Help retain students
- Improve student engagement and experience
- Recruit smarter and more efficiently to optimize student career prospects
- Help HEI’s move up the rankings
The current state of third level institutions in the UK and Ireland have highlighted the grave extent of student dropouts. There is a clear need to delve deeper and begin addressing issues in a forward thinking manner, employing smarter technology and ground-breaking data analysis.
Academics around the globe are looking to improve student retention rates while reducing costs through a process of using predictive analytics to identify students most at risk of dropping out of education. Predictive analytics technology can boost student retention rates by:
- Predicting what are the factors that are causing students to drop out
- Identify student issues and key factors driving retention issues.
- Flag students that have a high level of certainty of dropping out
- Design proactive intervention strategies at key stages during the student life cycle
Smarter Student Recruitment
Boost student recruitment by:
- Identifying factors impacting employability of prospective students
- Adapting your recruitment process to select those most likely to succeed beyond traditional academic criteria.
- Targeting digital marketing.
- Insights discovered on your students from historic data.
- Profiling potential students effectively by using data on past students that can drive future professional performance.
Better Student Experience
Improve student engagement and the student experience by using advanced predictive analytics solutions to:
- Attract the right quality and quantity of students.
- Better targeted messaging.
- Provide a more personalised learning experience.
- Identify the factors that lead to student graduation and then career development/employability opportunities.
- Improve academic rankings by attracting better students.
- Select students with the highest potential.
What if you could predict outcomes reliably—and easily— and know which actions or interventions were most likely to achieve specific objectives?
- Who are the applicants that will be successful at your institution and what is the probability that they will matriculate?
- Which students are at risk of not advancing to the next level and what interventions are most likely to help each student get back on track?
- What is our projected enrollment for the next five years, and do we have the capacity to support future growth?
Empower your institution to make the right decision every time!
University of Western Sydney learns the secrets of student retention. Harnessing predictive analytics to understand and address the key causes of student attrition.
More Solutions for Academic Lecturers and Researchers
Reach Higher Results with Presidion Training!
More than 20 years of highly successful training programmes on topics ranging from statistical analysis and survey research to data mining and predictive analytics.
Are you a Presidion Academic Customer? Take advantage of our IBM SPSS Academic Portal with resources for academics using the application and those who teach people how to use the SPSS Software.
Registration is quite simple:
- Go to www.presidion.com/academic-portal
- Click on “Not a member? Register”
- Fill out the form using your college email address (only for customers)
"With IBM SPSS Statistics, students can tackle important real-life problems, applying a range of analyses to achieve a solution in a short period of time."
Sharon L. WeinbergProfessor of Applied Statistics and Psychology at New York University
"Now, by using Presidion (formerly SPSS Ireland) expertise and their online survey capabilities, it was easier and faster to measure opinions. Dimensions is an excellent tool that enables us to collect feedback in a timely manner and also deliver huge cost savings to the organisation."
Ian McKennaHead of Framework Awards at HETAC
"The key is that IBM SPSS Statistics can perform data management, data analysis, data extraction, database construction, reporting and forecasting ... all in a single product."
Dr. David WrightWSU sociology professor, WSU’s Statistical Project Analyst
"Thanks to IBM SPSS, we are able to complete significantly faster analysis of our academic programs. Prior to IBM-SPSS, we would have spent most of one term—that’s several months—analyzing one program. Now we can do it in a week or less."
Dr. Ronald GordonDirector of Research at Yuba Community College District